In 1951, Brownyard developed the first liability coverage programs for Private Investigators & Security Consultants. The tradition of customized insurance services continues today. We are one of the leading providers of this specialized coverage.
PI Protect® is designed for:
- Private Investigators
- Security Consultants
- Fire/Arson Investigators
- Counter-Terrorism Experts
- Accident/Reconstruction Professionals
- Expert Testimony Witnesses
- Cyber Security Experts
Brownyard offers programs to meet the singular needs of private investigators, security consultants and professionals in related fields. We work to understand the shifting risks of these industries to provide better coverage and service. Call Georgiana Eisenhardt at 1-800-645-5820 for more information about these coverages.
Brownyard’s PI Protect Program offers customized coverage featuring:
- Errors & Omissions (Professional Liability)
- Care, Custody & Control
- Assault & Battery
- Electronic Data Liability
- Malicious Prosecution
- Libel & Slander
- Personal Injury
- Contractual Coverage
- Incidental Medical Malpractice
Commercial Excess Liability
Commercial Excess Liability coverage can be tailored to meet your specific needs and exposures. In general, these products are:
- Licensed and admitted in most states.
- Available with limits up to $10,000,000 to protect against that once-in-a-lifetime judgment.
For our General Liability clients, our Commercial Property product provides coverage for:
- Building and Business Personal Proerpety coverage.
- Business Income and Extra Expense coverage.
- Tenant Glass & Sign coverage
The Inland Marine Program is designed to offer Mobile Property and Electronic Data Processing (EDP) coverage to our General Liability clients.
- Written with a highly rated carrier
- Competitively priced
- Available in all US states
Please complete the appropriate applications and return them by fax at 631-666-5723 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commercial Property – requires ACORD forms 125 & 140
Inland Marine – requires ACORD forms 125, 146 (Equipment Floater Section) & 148 (Electronic Data Processing Section)
How do we apply for coverage?
Please ask your broker to mail, email or fax the completed required information as soon as you can. There is no need for agents and brokers to be appointed by Brownyard Group to write coverage through our program. We can usually have a quote for you within a few days.
What information is required for a quote?
- For General Liability: Completed, signed PI Protect application
- For Commercial Excess: Completed, signed Brownyard application
- For Property and Inland Marine: Completed, signed ACORD applications
- Four-year loss run information
- Detailed Resume (for clients under three years experience in the industry)
- Copy of Broker’s License, proof of Errors & Omissions Insurance and a W-9 Form
- We will need the signed, original application to bind coverages, but there no original signature is required to quote
In what states is the coverage available?
All states, except Nebraska.
What limits can you write?
Although we do recommend that the higher limits be considered, we do write limits of $100k, $300k, $500k and $1 million.
Are there minimum premiums?
Yes. Our policies are subject to minimum premiums as follows:
- $100,000 limit: $750 minimum premium
- $300,000 limit: $1,000 minimum premium
- $500,000 limit: $1,250 minimum premium
- $1,000,000 limit: $1,500 minimum premium
- $1 mil/$3 mil limit: $1,650 minimum premium
- $1 mil/$5 mil limit: $1,800 minimum premium
Does Brownyard write Property & Inland Marine coverage?
Yes. See our PI Protect Coverages tab for more details.
What are your carrier’s ratings?
We only write our program through the very best carriers that have ratings of A+( “Superior”) or better.
Is your Program admitted?
Our program is admitted in all states except FL, LA & WA.
Are your rates competitive?
The coverages we offer through our program are not only very broad, but very reasonably priced.
Can I get a lower premium if I go directly through Brownyard without a broker and their commission?
No, we value the relationship between you and your insurance representative and encourage you to stay with a local broker for the best possible service.