Brownyard’s By The Cover® is a specialty insurance program for Libraries in Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island.
Brownyard has designed By The Cover with the right coverage to meet the unique risks of libraries and to protect their valuable assets.
Brownyard partnered with Regan Agency, a leading insurance broker to the library industry to design By The Cover. For more than 35 years, Regan Agency has specialized in providing insurance programs for libraries and brings to the program an in-depth knowledge of the industry and the challenges it faces.
Our team of library insurance professionals is committed to providing broad coverage at a competitive price with a program tailored to the unique risks of the library industry and protecting their valuable assets. Call Domenic Antinucci at 1-800-645-5820 for more information about these coverages.
Brownyard’s By The Cover Program offers a multi-line Package that includes:
- Limits to $1M per occurrence/$3m aggregate
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Extended “Bodily Injury” definition
- Broadened Named Insured
- Broad Additional Insured
- Medical Payments for Athletic Participants
- Good Samaritan Coverage for Medical Emergencies
- Abuse or Molestation coverage
The Brownyard Business Auto Program is designed especially for the Library industry and offers:
- Broad “Who is Insured” Coverage
- Broad “Covered Auto Liability” Coverage
- Broad “Towing and Labor Costs” Coverage
- Plus many other enhancements to coverage
- Coverage on buildings, contents, loss of income, and extra expense
- Flood or Backup of Sewers and Drains – $25,000
- Ordinance or Law coverage – included up to building limit
- Coverage for Property of Others in your care, custody and control
- Fine Arts – $35,000
- Property in Transit -$50,000
- Donation Assurance -$25,000
- Property Off-Premises – $500,000
The Inland Marine Program is designed to offer Mobile Property coverage including:
- Library Book Floater
- Unscheduled Equipment
- Scheduled Equipment
- Electronic Data Processing Coverage
- Accounts Receivable
- Valuable papers
Employee Dishonesty (Crime)
Employee Dishonesty is offered to protect against service contractor employees who perpetrate dishonest acts against their customers.
- Covers those responsible for the administration of employee pension and benefit plans
- Employee Theft/Forgery
- Money and Securities
- Computer Fraud
Directors & Officers (D&O)/Employment Practices Liability (EPL)
- Limits up to $10,000,000
- Wage & Hour Coverage
- Limits up to $10,000,000
- Excess coverage over all underlying package cover
Commercial Property – requires ACORD forms 125 & 140
Inland Marine – requires ACORD forms 125, 146 (Equipment Floater Section) & 148 (Electronic Data Processing Section)
Business Auto – requires ACORD Forms 125, 127, 129 and 137
Third Party Employee Dishonesty – requires Acord Form 141
Send completed form(s) to:
21 Maple Avenue
Bay Shore, NY 11706
How do we apply for coverage?
Please ask your broker to mail, email or fax the completed required information as soon as you can. There is no need for agents and brokers to be appointed by Brownyard Group to write coverage through our program. We can usually have a quote for you within a few days.
What information is required for a quote?
- For General Liability: Completed, signed By The Cover application
- For Commercial Excess: Completed, signed Brownyard application
- For Directors & Officers and EPLI: Completed, signed Arch application
- For Auto, Property, Inland Marine and Third Party Dishonesty: Completed, signed ACORD applications
- Four-year loss run information
- Copy of Broker’s License, proof of Errors & Omissions Insurance and a W-9 Form
- We will need the signed, original application to bind coverages, but no original signature is required to quote
In what states is the coverage available?
We write in Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island
Are there minimum premiums?
Yes, our policies are subject to minimum premiums as follows:
- $1,500 for the package
Is there a charge for Additional Insureds?
No, never! Our policy provides a very comprehensive Blanket Additional Insured Endorsement which includes primary and non-contributary language. There is no extra charge for this endorsement or any other additional insured endorsement that may need to be added.
What are your carrier’s ratings?
We only write our program through one of the best carriers who has a rating of A+ (“Superior”).
Is your Program admitted?
Our program is admitted in all states that we write in.
Are your rates competitive?
The coverages we offer through our program are some of the broadest in the industry at reasonable prices.
Can I get a lower premium if I go directly to Brownyard without a broker and their commission?
No, we value the relationship between you and your insurance representative and encourage you to stay with a local broker for the best possible service.
Eligible States: Contact Domenic Antinucci at 1-800-645-5820 for more information.
New York: Kevin Regan of the Regan Agency, Inc. is our exclusive broker in New York for By The Cover and accepts sub-brokered business on our behalf. You can contact Kevin directly at (631) 669-3434 ext 223 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.