SASSI® (Salon & Spa Specialty Insurance) has been providing unique & complex coverages to the beauty industry for over 70 years. We are recognized as one of the largest U.S. insurance providers providing competitive prices and a complete package of coverages to:
- Beauty Salons
- Day Spas
- Nail Salons
- Barber Shops
- Beauty Schools
SASSI goes above and beyond standard coverages to provide a comprehensive package of services, protecting hair and beauty professionals against the unique risks of the salon and spa industry. Call Kathy Lopez at 1-800-645-5820 for more information about these coverages.
Brownyard’s SASSI Program offers customized coverage featuring:
- Hair Dying
- Permanent Waving
- Hair Weaving
- Skin Care Treatments (Facials, Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion)
- Skin Care (AHA Acids), Esthetic and Slenderizing Services)
- Aromatherapy Service
- Makeup Application
- Massage Therapy/ Full Body Massaging
- Body Wrapping
- Nail Care Services
EXCLUSIONS: Tanning, Body Piercing, Permanent Makeup, Tattooing, Laser Treatments & Light Therapy.
- Must have Professional Liability to apply for General Liability
- Premises Coverage for owners or home businesses
For our General Liability clients, our Commercial Property product provides coverage for:
- Building and Business Personal Property coverage
- Business Income and Extra Expense coverage
- Tenant Glass & Sign coverage
Brownyard Group offers custom-tailored Workers’ Compensation coverage through our highly skilled and responsive staff.
- Highly rated insurance carriers
- Available in all states (except DE, LA, MA, ME, ND, NH, NY, OH, RI, VT, WA, WV, WY)
- Convenient, interest-free payment options
- Competitive pricing
The Inland Marine Program is designed to offer Mobile Property and Electronic Data Processing (EDP) coverage to our General Liability clients.
- Written with a highly rated carrier
- Competitively priced
- Available in all US states
Business Owner's Policy
- General Liability
- Business Property (includes Contents Coverage)
- Professional Liability Add-On Available
Business Owners Policy (BOP) – requires ACORD form 160 (2006/08)
Inland Marine – (Acord Forms 125, 146 (equipment floater) & 148 (Electronic Data Processing)
*If you choose property coverage with your Professional/General Liability, please have your broker submit the proper Acord forms 125 and 140.
Send completed form(s) to:
21 Maple Avenue
Bay Shore, NY 11706
How do we apply for coverage?
Please mail, email or fax the completed required information as soon as you can (or ask your broker to do this). There is no need for agents and brokers to be appointed by Brownyard Group to write coverage through our program. We can usually have a quote for you within a few days.
What information is required for a quote?
- For General & Professional Liability and Property: Completed, signed SASSI application
- For Property, Inland Marine and Workers’ Compensation: Completed, signed ACORD applications
- Four-year loss run information
- Copy of Broker’s License, proof of Errors & Omissions Insurance and a W-9 Form
- We will need the signed, original application to bind coverages, but no original signature is required to quote
In what states is the coverage available?
All U.S. states, except Alaska, Hawaii, Virginia and Washington.
Are there minimum premiums?
Yes. Our professional liability policies are subject to minimum premiums as follows:
- $1 mil/$1 mil limit: $325 minimum premium
Does Brownyard write Property & Inland Marine coverage?
Yes. See the SASSI Coverages tab for more details.
Is Workers' Compensation coverage available?
It is available in all states (except DE, LA, MA, ME, ND, NH, NY, OH, RI, VT, WA, WV and WY).
What are your carrier’s ratings?
We only write our program through the very best carriers that have ratings of A+( “Superior”) or better
Is your Program admitted?
Yes, our program is admitted in all states.
Are your rates competitive?
The coverages we offer through our program are not only very broad, but very reasonably priced.
What services are covered under your program?
Professional Liability including: Skin Care Treatments (Facials, Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion), Makeup Application, Massage Therapy, Electrology, Hairdressing, Permanent Waving, Nail Care Services, Hair Dying, Aromatherapy Service, Full Body Massaging, Body Wrapping, Exfoliation, Reflexology, Skin Care (AHA Acids), Esthetic and Slenderizing Services)
EXCLUSIONS: Tanning, Body Piercing, Permanent Makeup, Tattooing, Laser Treatments.
Do you offer coverage for an Independent Contractor?
Yes, we do provide coverage for an independent contractor.
Do I have to be licensed?
Yes, if required by your state.
I am starting a new salon in my town, do you cover start-up businesses?
Yes, we cover start-up businesses.
Do you provide professional liability for a hair salon that does hair replacements?
We will provide coverage for hair weaving only.
Do you provide general liability and products liability for cosmetic manufacturers and distributors?
Yes, we can provide either Products Liability ONLY or General Liability which includes products liability. We can write this coverage through our Foundation program in all states. Call 888-823-9380 for more details