Liability insurance for security guards
- Private Security Guard Contractors
- Proprietary Security Guard Contractors
- Governmental Security Contractors
- Executive Protection Contractors
- Private Security Contractors for Homeowners Associations
Brownguard goes above and beyond standard coverages to provide a comprehensive package of services, protecting security guards against both common industry risks and unforeseeable crises.
- Assault & Battery
- Broad Form Property Damage
- Errors & Omissions (professional liability)
- Personal Injury
- Lost Key Coverage
- Incidental Medical Malpractice
- False Arrest
- Invasion of Privacy
- Malicious Prosecution
- Libel & Slander
Commercial Excess and Umbrella Liability
Commercial Excess and Umbrella Liability coverage can be tailored to meet your specific needs and exposures. In general, this program is:
- Licensed and admitted in most states.
- Available with limits up to $5,000,000 to protect against that once-in-a-lifetime judgment.
The Brownyard Business Auto Program is designed especially for the Security Guard industry and is:
- Available with Liability limits as low as state minimums and as high as $1,000,000 CSL.
- Written with a highly rated carrier.
- Competitively priced, with no minimum premium.
- Available in all US states and territories, except Puerto Rico.
- Admitted in all states.
- Available without supporting business, in many cases.
If you have other questions about our Business Auto coverage, please contact Peter Young, Account Manager, at extension 132.
For our Brownguard General Liability clients, our Commercial Property product provides:
- Building and Business Personal Property coverage.
- Business Income and Extra Expense coverage.
- The backing of a highly rated carrier.
- Competitive premiums.
Coverage is available in most states — please call product specialist, Peter Young, at ext 132 to find out if coverage is available in your state.
Third Party Employee Dishonesty
Brownyard Group offers coverage for third party employee dishonesty, which protects against service contractor employees who perpetrate dishonest acts against their customers — which many general liability policies or standard fidelity bonds cannot do. A highly rated insurance company, as designated by A.M. Best, provides the coverage. We can also provide first party dishonesty coverage if necessary.
The Inland Marine Program is designed to offer Mobile Property and Electronic Data Processing (EDP) coverage to our Brownguard General Liability clients. We write this product with a highly rated carrier and our premiums are highly competitive. Coverage is available in most states — please call Peter Young, Account Manager, at extension 132, to find out if it is available in yours.
Brownyard Group offers custom-tailored workers’ compensation coverage to the security guard industry through our Brownyard Advantage Program. Our highly skilled and responsive staff provides outstanding service to your account, and you can enjoy the backing of insurance companies highly rated by A.M. Best.
- Highly rated insurance carriers
- Available in all states (except AK, HI and the monopolistic states of OH, ND, WA & WY)
- Convenient, interest-free payment options
- Competitive pricing
Frequently Asked Questions about Brownguard
How do we apply for coverage?
Please ask your broker to mail, email or fax the completed required information as soon as you can. Agents and brokers do not need an Agency Agreement to write this coverage through our program. We can usually have a quote for you within a few days.
Are there minimum premiums?
Yes. Our policies are subject to minimum premiums as follows:
- $300,000 limit: $2,500 minimum premium
- $500,000 limit: $3,000 minimum premium
- $1,000,000 limit: $3,500 minimum premium
In what states is the coverage available?
All states except Nebraska.
What information is required for a quote?
- Completed, signed Brownyard application
- Four-year loss information
- Detailed Resume (for clients with under three years experience in the industry)
- Copy of Broker’s License and proof of Errors & Omissions Insurance
- We will need the signed, original application to bind coverages, but there no original signature is required to quote
What limits can you write?
We can provide limits as low as $300,000 and as high as $6,000,000.
What are your carrier’s ratings?
We only write our program through the very best carriers that have ratings of at least “Excellent” or better.
Is your Program admitted?
Our program is admitted in all states except LA & WA.
Are your rates competitive?
The coverages we offer are not only very broad, but very reasonably priced.
Can I get a lower premium if I go directly to Brownyard without a broker and their commission?
No, we value the relationship between you and your local insurance representative and encourage you to stay with a local broker for the best possible service.
Can I get my Business Auto Coverage at Brownyard?
Yes, Business Auto is available in all states except Puerto Rico. Call our office for details.
Is Workers’ Compensation coverage available?
Yes. It is available in all states (except Alaska, Hiawaii and the monopolistic states of Ohio, North Dakota, Washington & Wyoming)
Does Brownyard write Property & Inland Marine coverage?
Yes. See our Brownguard Coverages tab for more details.
Coverage is available in all states except Nebraska.
Are you getting the most out of your liability policy? Are you properly protected? Take a minute to complete the checklist below.
If your liability coverage does not include these exposures, call Brownyard immediately at 800-645-5820. Or, click here, to send us an email.
Does your current liability policy cover these exposures?
- Failure to provide adequate security “Errors and Omissions” liability.
- Intentional Assault and Battery.
- Care, Custody and Control liability coverage for property you are guarding (both Real Property and Personal Property).
- Liability assumed under a contract.
- Punitive or exemplary damages.
- False arrest, detention or imprisonment.
- Malicious prosecution.
- Coverage for use of firearms (authorized or unauthorized).
- Libel and Slander.
- Violation of privacy, wrongful entry or eviction.
- Individual Coverage for employees.
- Personal Injury lawsuits by employees.
- Wage Freeze Endorsements (freezes guard wages at a given level for
premium computation purposes).
- Coverage for the use of mace.
- Are you required to pay legal or investigative expenses in connection with any claims?
Are you required to participate in any loss other than through payment of your deductible?
Are you covered for such services as:
- Polygraph and PSE?
- Private Investigations?
- Canine Patrol?
- Armored car/courier service?
- Traffic Control?
- Shopping Services?
- Consumer reports?
- Background checks?
- Alarm response?
Are you protected if you subcontract any of your work?
Is your carrier admitted to do business in your state?
Now you can protect yourself with liability insurance designed for the Security Guard Industry. And, at competitive prices!! Email us today for a quote!
Test your coverage
Does your coverage provide protection against special exposures? Take a minute or two to complete the questions below.
- One of your guards goes for a joy ride on a forklift at a plant your firm is protecting. Damage amounts to $75,000. Are you covered?
- At a warehouse your firm is protecting, the guard fails to complete his rounds and a leaking water pipe results in $35,000 damage to the inventory. Are you covered?
- During an argument at a textile mill, your security guard draws his unauthorized weapon and intentionally shoots and kills a mill worker. The jury award is $600,000. Are you covered?
- A store in a suburban shopping center catches fire during the night while your guard patrols the property on foot. Your guard fails to turn in the alarm promptly. The cost is $450,000. Are you covered?
- On a construction site, children unseen by your security guard play with bulldozer controls causing injury to a child and a judgment of $200,000. Are you covered?
- One of your guards, whose background includes a history of mental instability, rapes a patient at a hospital you protect. It is determined that adequate checks of his background were not made. The jury award is $130,000. Are you covered?
Each of these events actually occurred. A standard liability policy would not cover the claims. Brownguard includes standard coverage and special situations… built into the policy.
Now, that’s real protection!