The single program William H. Brownyard created in 1950 served the security guard industry. Bill’s single program has grown into Brownyard Group, a national program administrator providing specialized insurance programs for a variety of security, beauty and pest control risks.
Over Sixty Years of Brownyard Group:
- 1950: Bill Brownyard founds our flagship program for Security Guard insurance.
- 1987: The first W.H. Brownyard Meritorious Award is given to security guard Joseph Brutto.
- 1988: Brownyard Group launches insurance program for Pest Control Operators.
- 1993: Brownyard Group founds Brownyard Claims Management, a loss prevention and full-service insurance claims facility.
- 1998: Brownyard Group develops separate program for Private Investigators to address specific differences between this industry and Security Guards.
- 2000: Brownyard Group acquires preeminent salon writer, Hairdressers Agency.
- 2008: The Hairdressers Agency, the leading provider of salon and spa insurance, is renamed SASSI and revamped to meet the needs of 21st century beauty professionals.
- 2010: The ASIS Foundation partners with Brownyard Group to share the Meritorious Award with a larger audience of security industry professionals.
- 2011: Brownyard Group develops separate program for Landscape Professionals to address specific differences between this industry and Pest Control.
- 2016: Brownyard Group re-launched the insurance program for Landscape Professionals now written on an admitted basis through an A.M. Best Company A+ (Superior) rated carrier.